Since the last time I've typed, it has been an eventful month. Mothers Day has passed so hope all mamas were recognized for their love and dedication to their families. MK has become so busy that I haven't had an entry once a week as planned. Since being discharged from the hospital MK has had no issues, and has had a weird burst of energy since that night in the ER. I remember laying there with her that mid morning and she just popped up and played with myself and all the nurses, and since that night, all nights to follow has been the same.
When home in New York, we put baby down to sleep between 9 and 9:30 and she usually sleeps through the morning or wakes for one feeding, which I dream feed her to prevent her from waking completely. All has changed! Now I don't know if it is because all the relatives we are visiting are never ready for bed themselves, or now she knows she is capable of getting around. Whatever the culprit, she is tiring me out and grandmas, aunts and uncles can all give her back after an hour or two of her baby aerobics. She also finds joy in chasing my aunts puppy. She goes after his tail and giggles aloud when he passes her.
I think to myself if she is like this at 6 months, I will need some energy stored up in reserve for her toddler years. I have taken the time to date all her milestone accomplishments for her baby book, and so far this month she has marked the most physical milestones, as well as emotional, with some separation anxiety beginning. This has started some family members commenting about her becoming a "brat" or stating "how much she knows me" , which I now take lightly. No she is not a brat, but a baby and I would hope she knows me and this is the beginning to stranger danger. She has also began regularly eating solids and drinking out of her sippy cup. I love making weird combinations, which surprisingly she enjoys. I am looking forward to posting about these meals and the different baby gadgets I used to prepare them.
In a week alone, she has began to clap, crawl, sit herself up and trying to snap her fingers. I am sure if we tried to teach her something else, she would try it! Clapping she was shown once, and she mastered it. All we say is YAY and clap clap clap. Her newest attempt is grabbing the table or couch for support while trying to stand. First thing when getting home, we have to double check all outlets, table corners, and any other places for danger, which with a 6 month old, seems like everywhere. Coming from a very non- American old school family, child proofing is as simple is as easy as a harsh NO, however I rather be safe than sorry, secure instead of slacking.
If there are any mamas and papas out there, what do you recommend? How are your little ones reaching milestones and how has it changed your home environment?

No comments:
Post a Comment